The Edge 540 is constructed from 8mm EPP sheet. 8mm EPP is much stiffer and more durable than 3mm or 5mm EPP, so less reinforcements are required. The fuselage and wing incorporates one carbon fiber square tube and strip.
The assembly is easy because you don't need to connect carbon fiber rods between the fuselage and wings for reinforcements.
More discussion about this plane on RC Groups
- Wingspan: 31.5 in (800 mm)
- Length: 31.1 in (790 mm)
- Wing area: 226 sq in (14.6 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: Approx 8 oz (225-240 g)
- Radio: At least 4CH
- Servo: 3 x 9g servo
- Motor: 2206 1500KV motor (3S), 2206 1900KV motor(2S)
- Speed Controller: 12A ESC
- Battery and Prop: 8 x 4 on 2S LiPO; 8 x 4 on 3S LiPO.